I just started IG-blogging recently for marketing purposes- to bring you guys to this site. If you're reading this, I've been successful.
Blogging and posting my mini adventures have been fun. I love connecting with people. I love exploring NYC and the rest of the world with 93,400 people with me. I love cheering people up, making them laugh, moving them or simply just amuse them. Suddenly, I feel more connected to the world and to people all over. Its fun, perusing thru my followers profiles, I truly learn so much. The world is definitely bigger than the confines of NYC.
Aside, from checking out the profiles of my dear followers. I also look at the profiles of the influencers that I love and admire, also those that I'm just curious about. I definitely noticed that there were some patterns or preferences that they all like. I cant help but wonder if these images are visual equations for success. Here are my observations.
1) They love walls, especially white, gray or black ones, and they all look so polished and amazing. Let's not forget that they like marble floors too
2) Tiled floors especially-preferably with neutral colors, also marbled floors. Why not? It's visually appealing. Some floors are pretty too.
3) They all seem to have a white rug. I wonder if they shop from the same home store or was it comped? Once again, there's a preference for white.
4) They love wooden countertops. Do they shop from the same stores? Paging Restoration Hardware. Want to sponsor me? ;-P
4) Pets are the best Instagram accessories. Preferably pets with white fur. I wonder if they are pet racists? Hahaha
5) Instagram superstars seem to take A LOT of food photos, not just the food bloggers but the fashion bloggers too.Its either they love eating and have metabolisms as hot as the sub's core, they photoshop well or they spend half the day in the gym. Whatever their reason is, they look amazing. Now time to sign up for Equinox.
6) Their now blogger sister. This is now the start of social media family dynasties. Best way to celebrate great genes. Get loaded together. The families that poses together, stays together. Say cheese!
7) Let's not forget the hot significant other. I have yet to see a significant other that looks like a plebeian like us. Its also a plus if your S.O is a photographer. Like a good one. Many social media influencers got their start by having a camera wielding boyfriend. Makes me wonder what happens when they break up.
8) A lot of instagram stars also feature their kids in their instagram. Its a new bio-accessory-that we carry for nine months, love dearly and befuddles us in their pubescent years. Its best to feature them when they dont speak yet and not know what exactly is going on. When they become pimply teenagers, they just might give you a finger. .
9) Aside from eating, they seem to be yoga-fanatics. Well they have to fond a way to burn that Pancake or ice cream cones they keep posting. Finally, a sign that they are mortal after all.
10) They love coffee with intricate foams. 99% of them feature coffee- on marbled tables or wood.
11) They are angel wannabes. Most of the them have at least one picture with a graffiti wing.
12) They love ice cream on cones and holding it against the wall or the a scenery they love. Is that their way of teasing their followers after they bought an unforgiving dress that they just promoted on their IG? If we can get men thru their stomachs, perhaps we can use stomachs (or PMS) to get followers too.
13) They seem to spend a lot of time in bed. Perfectly folded or wrinkled -with food!!! I wish I can wake like that. I highly doubt that they do. Where are the morning boogers or the puddle of drool on their pillows? (Cue in "Flawless" By Beyonce)
14) The "come-take-my-hand" photo.. It was originally inspired by Murad Osmann Its cute, slightly romantic but becoming a common photo theme. I should try this move the cuffed to a cop or something- it wont be as romantic but it will be an awesome photo.
15) Makeshift eyes. Not most bloggers have this photo. But the really cool ones do. I just have to post it here because I'm genuinely amused with it.
16) They like watermelons or any freshly sliced fruit.
17) They travel well. Business class or first class. Now I'm wishing I was them. And, I wonder how much points they scored with airlines. Now I am questioning my life choices.
18) I'm brushing my hair back look. Or check out my armpit pose.
19) They love the "Top of the Rock"
20) They all seem to like taking a photo at this exact spot.
21) Let's not forget. The selfie "facing-the-mirror-with-the-phone-included". Talk about old school